Sunday, January 24, 2010

Popil's Rice Pudding

Nadya is a huge fan of rice pudding and to be honest I don't know if I ever had it before. I vaguely remember my mother liking my grandfather's rice pudding but I was probably too stubborn to try it. Now I'm really wishing I had as I find myself really liking the sweet flavor of rice pudding.

Nadya had a family recipe that I'd try out. After having her mother walk me through the steps over the phone I found it really is an easy process once you know what you're doing.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of rice
1 cup of water
6 cups of milk
3 eggs
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
cinnamon

In a medium sauce pan add rice and water. Cook until water is absorbed. Add milk while stirring. Let cook until rice is soft, about 25 mins. In a separate bowl beat eggs and sugar. Add to pot and let cook another 1-2 mins. Add vanilla. Transfer to a dish sprinkle with cinnamon. Let sit at room temperature and cool in refrigerator. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment