Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pizza! Pizza!

We tend to turn to Pizza a lot during the week for a quick meal. I find it hard to find a good pizza sauce at the store so I thought I'd try to make one. It's much easier than I thought. Although I don't have a food mill so the sauce was a little bit chunkier than I prefer but the flavor was very good.

Ingredients:
2 28oz cans of whole peeled tomatoes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt, pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes

In a medium skillet heat olive oil. Crush tomatoes using a wooden spoon (your clean hands work just as well) add salt, pepper, oregano, & red pepper flakes to your liking. I added more red pepper flakes since I like a little spice in my sauce. You can omit them if you're not a fan of heat. Cook until thick, about 30-4o mins. Let cool and pass through a food mill unless you're in the mood for a chunky sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment