Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cornbread

Last night I went over to Gina's apartment where she made her favorite veggie chili. To go with the chili I made some cheesy cornbread that turned out to be a great pair.

I'm a big fan of cornbread with chili but I'm not a fan when the cornbread is dry. The cheese in this recipe really helps make this a moist cornbread.

I got the recipe from Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa) from the food network. She puts scallions and jalapenos in her version but I omitted them from mine. It's key to let the mixture sit for 20 minutes before putting it into a pan to let the baking powder help the cornbread rise.
I made my cornbread in a 9 x 13 x 2 pan but you can be really creative and make individual loafs or muffins.

Try this recipe for cornbread the next time you're making chili!

You can find the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment