Monday, November 17, 2008

Magnolia Bakery Cupcakes

Have you ever heard of or ever been the the Magnolia Bakery in NYC? I've never been but I've heard so much about it! I'm going to be in NYC on 12/5 so maybe I'll check it out then. They have several cookbooks out with tons of recipes for their well-known treats. Their cupcakes are always talked about and I've been wanting to make them for some time now.
A couple of weeks ago I purchased More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen from Amazon.com! It was a great purchase and a great deal. I know it will be my go to baking book.

This past weekend my mother and I baked up a little something from the book. I made the vanilla cake cupcakes with vanilla butter cream icing and Mamie, my mom, made pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing. (I should have made Mame take a picture--what was I thinking).

The cupcakes were delicious- very moist!!! The icing was very rich and very creamy! I thought the recipe was really easy. No need for a boxed cake. Although I wasn't able to try the pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing, I heard they were really good!

I promise there will be more to come from this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment