Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Summer Summertime

Can you believe the unofficial start of summer, Memorial Day Weekend, just passed? I honestly can't but I'm super excited about it. I'm really looking forward to this summer. I honestly love living in the Northeast (Philadelphia to be exact). There's nothing better than the change of seasons and we're lucky enough to have all four seasons here. I'm not going to play favorites (yes, Fall, I love you!) because I honestly do love something about each of the seasons.

 Here's what I'm looking forward to this summer. I'm hoping I can share all my 'to dos' with you throughout the summer and I'm hoping you're as excited as I am. =) 

I'm hoping to grill more this year. Summer is the season for grilling and I find myself always saying "we should grill more"! What's not to love? It keeps your house cool and clean up is super easy! Nadya really wants to splurge and get a Weber Grill. I have a feeling her wish will be granted sooner rather than later. Our grill is a couple years old (not quite on it's last leg) and after barbecuing on my dad's Weber and her dad's Weber this past weekend it's pretty much all she can think about. 

There are a lot of summer favorites that I  have on my to do list--barbecue sauce, ice cream, sorbet, homemade s'mores, & specialty summer drinks are just a few. What are you favorite  dishes? What should I add to my list? 

I'm also super pumped for the expanded and better hours of my neighborhood farmer's market! I look forward to seeing what they bring each week and challenge myself to come up with great recipes for the fresh crops.  

Are you a fan of summer? What's your favorite summer dish or in-season fruit/vegetable?


No comments:

Post a Comment