Tuesday, January 4, 2011

MmMM.....Granola

Granola. One of my favorite things to have for breakfast. 

Seriously, I love granola and yogurt. It's a perfect breakfast and awesome snack. I usually buy granola which can actually be pretty pricey. So I made some (really who doesn't want to save money?). Honestly, I don't think I'll ever buy it again. It's really simple and you can play with the recipe to make the right granola for your taste buds.

I stumbled upon this recipe yesterday while on Twitter (follow me, @lynneck). Of course it came from my favorite, Martha. This recipe makes 4 cups. You can store it in an airtight container for up to two weeks (if you can keep it around that long)! I look forward to trying out different recipes and even making granola bars. Stay tuned!

Maple-Nut Granola
  • 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together oats, pecans, almonds, salt, vegetable oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
  2. Spread oat mixture on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment