Friday, July 15, 2011

Strawberry Mango Basil Salsa


It's sweet. It's savory. It's delish!

I've made this twice and plan on making it again soon. Yes, it's that good! The first time I made it was for my family barbecue. I loved it so much I decided to make it to bring to a friend's house for dinner which complemented nicely with the fish tacos she made. 

I stumbled across this recipe while reading many many food blogs as I was planning the menu for my family barbecue. This recipe comes from a beautiful food blog called "How Sweet It Is"


The salsa is great with pita chips but I have plans to serve with grilled chicken. I'll keep you posted. After all, who doesn't love a sweet and savory meal? 


Strawberry Mango Basil Salsa

makes about 2 cups
3/4 cup chopped mango
3/4 cup chopped strawberries
1/4 cup chopped red onion
6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix, or simply later ingredients in a bowl. Tastes even better after it sits for a few hours! Salsa should stay fresh in the fridge (in a sealed container) for about one week.

1 comment: